Hansa crew required!
Published 11:48 on 18 May 2022
Bray Sailing Club (BSC) is one of the country's leading smaller sailing clubs and is widely regarded as being a leader in the provision of inclusion training. With an ever-expanding Inclusion in Sport programme, and the recent arrival of a fleet of Hansa 303s, the Club is now seeking applications for an expanded Hansa Crew.
The principal responsibilities of Hansa Crew members are:
- To work directly with the BSC Inclusion Officers to facilitate access to the water for all.
- Safely rig, launch, recover and de-rig Hansa boats for participants.
- Arrange meet-up times and locations with sailors by WhatsApp.
- Meet sailors at the arranged location and accompany to the Club.
- Provide one-on-one Instruction while afloat.
- Be available to work on weekends during SkillBuild and Dinghy Racing times as well as mid-week from time to time.
- To take an active role in encouraging club-wide participation in inclusion activities and act as a leading example for the rest of the Club to follow.
- To act as a leader and role model for all club members.
Applicants should have the following experience:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have experience working as an Assistant Instructor in BSC
- Volunteered at minimum for two Lakers sessions in the 2022 season
- Have experience working with adults and sailing
- Have completed their National Powerboat Course
- Have experience with working with Hansa boats (Liberty and 303)
You can apply online by using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/a4yXmnU2YC
Last updated 16:20 on 5 February 2023