Adult Sailing - Which Course Should I Choose?
Our SeaBray Introduction to Sailing weekend course for adults will run on 20th- 22nd May 2022. Normally the course starts at 7pm on a Friday and runs during the day on Saturday and Sunday. Call Philip on 086-8151700 for more information.
Why not See Bray from a different perspective from the sea. Our Sea-Bray programme is a mini sailing festival designed to provide an introduction to sailing for adults.
The course includes:
- Introductory lecture on the Basics of Sailing.
- Learn about the various types of sailing.
- Learn about the basic skills involved.
- Get introduced to the basics of safety at sea.
- Become familiar with the parts of a boat and equipment used.
- Learn to rig a boat.
- An opportunity to try sailing first-hand.
- 6 hours on the water to try sailing on cruisers OR dinghies **
- A Saturday evening BBQ.
There will be plenty of opportunities during the programme to socialise with sailors of all ages, and learn of their experiences with sailing. All of the above for just 149, and there will be an opportunity for the Sea-Bray participants to join the Club for their first year at a very attractive discount (just 99 including ongoing training).
** Dinghies are small sailboats that can capsize and generally sail close to the shore. Cruisers are larger sailing boats that don't capsize and are suited for sailing longer distances and offshore.
Last updated 16:09 on 31 August 2022