Pico Club and Race Coaching
Bray Sailing Club - Pico Club 2022 Policy (summary)
Outlined below, is how Bray Sailing Club will run Pico Club and Race Coaching during the 2022 sailing season. This is a working document and can be changed as needed to keep within government guidelines and restrictions, so please check back regularly for updates.
For the purposes of instructor / participant ratios Pico Club will be split into two totally separate groups, Pico Club and Race Coaching.
Pico Club will be overseen by Eleanor Carroll Hayes, Oisin Dingle and a third alternating instructor
Race Coaching will be overseen by Cillian Murphy
In order to take part in either Pico club or Race Coaching the following will apply for the coming season.
- Must be a fully paid-up member of the club for 2022 season
- Pico Club is strictly a bookable event, so please do not turn up if you are not booked on. You will be sent back home.
- Members will have the opportunity to book onto Pico Club/Race Coaching for the coming weekend on the Wednesday preceding it each week. However to be fair to all, please do not book onto Pico Club if you have been out the previous week. If there are still places left on the Thursday morning, you may book on then.
- If a junior books and doesn't show, they will not be allowed to book onto Pico Club for the next week that they are eligible to book onto. Eg. If a junior is booked onto Week 1, the next week that they are eligible to book onto is Week 3. If that junior doesn't show up for their booking on Week 1, then the next week that they are eligible to book onto is week 4 (this is presuming that all four weeks of Pico club are run and bookings are not pushed back a week)
- We hope to set a 'Waiting List' each week. That way we can ensure that juniors who were unsuccessful one week will have the first opportunity to book the next week
- Juniors should arrive down to Pico Club fully changed and ready to go, they can leave their gear in the changing rooms which will be available for use, once Pico Club finishes.
- In addition, the following conditions apply to each group
A more detailed version of this document is available to download below
NB: For Juniors looking to use Club Sailing Boats, please read the clubs policy on these at www.braysailingclub.ie/sea-school-training/training-activities-and-club-sailing-boats
Last updated 16:09 on 31 August 2022