What is the Junior Committee?
The Junior Committee will be made up of Junior members, our Children's Officers, and our Senior Instructor. Other Instructors may attend meetings occasionally to assist with the running of the Junior Committee. The main role of the committee is to be the voice of the Juniors in BSC.
Being part of the Junior Committee is a fantastic opportunity for you to experience what it is like to represent your fellow Junior members and to provide a voice for your peers. Ideally, we would have representatives across ALL sailing levels (Start Sailing to Level 4).
There are a number of projects and discussion points for our Junior Committee, but it will be largely led by our Junior members.
What is required to join the Junior Committee?
- Minimum age of 10 (on May 1st 2023)
- Attend several meetings in BSC Clubhouse with fellow committee members prior to the commencement of Junior Training and throughout the course of Junior Training
- Parental Consent (signature on the form)
- Eagerness to implement new ideas
- A positive attitude and the ability to lead by example
How will the Junior Committee be decided upon?
- There will be up to eight positions on the Junior Committee
- Applications will be taken from everyone who are interested in being a part of the Junior Committee
- Should we receive more applications than there are positions, a decision will be made by the Children's Officers and the Senior Instructor on who will sit on the committee by the following criteria:
- Where possible, there must be at least one representative from each level on the Junior Committee (i.e. one from Start Sailing, one from Basic Skills, etc.)
- The level of activity within the club outside of Junior Training (i.e., club racing, Pico Club, etc.)
- Any other relevant work experience
To apply, please download the form below, complete it and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14th at the latest.
Last updated 15:17 on 28 November 2023