What is the Junior Committee?
The Junior Committee will be made up of Junior members, our Children's Officers, and our Senior Instructor. The main role of the committee is to be the voice of the Juniors.
Being part of the Junior Committee provides an excellent opportunity for you to experience what it is like to represent your fellow Junior members and allows you to voice the ideas of your peers. It is extremely important that the Junior committee has representatives across ALL ages, genders and sailing levels (Start Sailing to Level 4).
The Junior Committee was started in 2019 and it proved to be a very effective way to involve and include Junior members in the running of the club. All the ideas implemented in 2019 came from the Juniors themselves - raising awareness and organising social activities during and out of season were some of the ideas implemented. In 2022, there will be several new projects and discussion points for our Junior Committee, but it will be largely led by our Junior members.
What is required to join the Junior Committee?
- Minimum age of 10 (on May 1st 2022)
- Attend several meetings in BSC Clubhouse with fellow committee members prior to the commencement of Junior Training and throughout the course of Junior Training
- Parental Consent (signature on Google Form)
- Eagerness to implement new ideas
- A positive attitude and the ability to lead by example
How will the Junior Committee be decided upon?
- There will be eight positions on the Junior Committee
- Applications will be taken from everyone who is interest in being a part of the Junior Committee
- Should we receive more applications than there are positions, a decision will be made by the Children's Officers and the Senior Instructor on who will sit on the committee by the following criteria:
- Where possible, there must be one representative from each level on the Junior Committee
- There must be as close to an even split of genders as possible
- There must be as wide of an age range as possible
- The level of activity within the club outside of Junior Training (i.e., club racing, Pico Club, etc.)
- Any other relevant work experience
Our aim is to ensure a spread of representatives from across the levels, ages, and genders. So please if you're interested in joining send in an application, you'll find the online form here
Last updated 16:20 on 5 February 2023