A "How To" Demonstration of our Website Funtionality (by Zoom) on 14th June at 7.30pm
Published 11:57 on 9 Jun 2021
- Zoom Session on our New Website and Club Management System.Monday 14th June at 7.30pm
- As you know, we are implementing a new sailing club management system this season. You should all have received your login details with password for the new website, and hopefully had a chance to look around it. The system has a huge array of functionality. So it will take a fair bit of learning and getting used to for everybody (Remember the very first time you booked a Ryanair flight !). Those of us who are involved in its implementation are learning too. We've come across some peculiarities. Most we have resolved with the software supplier but some are not yet resolved. (We'll point out some of these on the session, so that you'll be aware of them).
- Now that the season proper is getting underway, we thought it would be timely to have a Zoom session on the new website and go through the sort of things you might want to do on in.
- 1. Log In with your Password, so that you can see information personal to you, including your upcoming rostered duties and see the latest news and upcoming events be they sailing or social.
- 2. Peruse the Calendar. Zone in on (filter) the types of events that are of interest to you Cruiser, Dinghy, SkillBuild, Training etc.
- 3. Volunteer for a particular duty on the roster. See your own upcoming duties. Look to swap an assigned duty. Accept a swap request from another member.
- 4. Sign up for a sailing slot and see who else is sailing on that day
- 5. Book a place on a course and pay for same.
- 6. Message a fellow-member
- 7. Upload a profile photo. This will be followed by a live Q&A to address any questions you may have.
The Zoom link will be distributed via SCM e-mail.
- Philip O'Reilly,
- Chairman, Data Management Sub-Committee
- P.S. Who's Who and What's What Session
- On the same night we will have a Who's Who and What's What session on Zoom at 8.30pm for all our newer members (will circulate the link separately to avoid confusion).. We're delighted to have you on board. Now that you've got your head around the parts of a boat and some of the sailing techniques and terminology, we'd like to help you get to know how the Club is structured and who many of the individuals are who organise particular aspects of the Club.
Last updated 14:08 on 6 August 2021