All club safety manuals, policies and assessments are available to download at the bottom of this screen
Sailing is a hazardous activity and the mix of sailing boats and powerboats, together with ancillary activities such as launching/retrieval, towing, capsizing and recovery, all carry the risk of accident or injury.
Bray Sailing Club takes safety very seriously and regularly assesses the risks associated with various activities and takes steps to reduce or eliminate those risks.
We have a comprehensive safety manual and our Safety Statement is available to download here
It is policy at Bray Sailing Club that all members are responsible for safety. The main committee must insure that adequate resources and safety training are available to its members. All members must have a regard for safety training and safety instructions and comply with all notices including but not restricted to sailing instructions or any other notice relating to safety. All members are invited to read this statement and the safety officer should draw their attention to it. Whilst all members are responsible for safety, the main committee through its safety officer are responsible for the day-to-day safety within Bray Sailing Club.
Specifically the main committee is responsible for ensuring that safe systems of work operate and that adequate safety and operating instructions are documented and implemented within Bray Sailing Club.
All members must observe safe systems of work and follow safety and operating instructions, which are implemented by the main committee.
The links below provide further information into a number of categories.
- For an overview of our Club Policy please see our Safety Statement below
- For aspects relating to the members responsibility, club rules and structure please see the following documents:
- Organisation Policy and Roles
- For Child Protection Policies please see Children Protection Policy
Any questions or queries on these documents can be e-mailed to email@example.com
For the Code of Practice for the Safe Operation of Recreational Craft please find a soft copy HERE
For information relevant to Risk Assessment and regarding risks of tools and other equipment please visit the other inks below:
- BSC Safety Statement (short)
- BSC Safety Statement
- Child & Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Statement 2021
- BSC Safeguarding Policy 2021
- Bray Safety Manual - Organisation.pdf
- Inclusion Training Risk Assessment
- Clubhouse Changing Rooms And Boat Storage Areas
- Junior Training Risk Assessment
- Tools And Equipment
Last updated 09:58 on 8 August 2021